Those of you who’re searching for a high-quality vegan protein powder might think that Ghost Protein is a pretty curious name for this kind of product. Actually, this is a popular fitness supplement. The company wants to help clients change their entire lifestyle so, they created their first vegan protein powder.
The whole nutritional supplement industry focuses on protein powders which is why I chose to review the Ghost protein vegan powder in today’s article. Protein is important and should be present in our daily diet but many consumers have the wrong idea regarding this compound.
Some of you might eat too much of it, whereas others don’t consume enough protein. Another issue comes from consuming the wrong type of protein. As you can see, things are different for everybody. However, the result is many times the same.
In the following sections, you will discover what Ghost protein powder is, its pros and cons, nutritional facts, and many other useful insights.
- 1 Ghost Vegan Protein Review – What It Is
- 2 Ghost Vegan Protein – Main Ingredients
- 3 How Does This Protein Powder Taste?
- 4 Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Nutritional Facts
- 5 Ghost Protein Vegan Mixability
- 6 How and When to Use the Ghost Vegan Protein Powder
- 7 Ghost Vegan Protein Price
- 8 Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Pros and Cons
- 9 Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Main Alternatives
- 10 Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Frequently Asked Questions
- 10.1 Question: Vegan Protein Help You Boost Muscle Mass?
- 10.2 Question: How Much Vegan Protein Will You Need to Increase Muscle Mass?
- 10.3 Question: Is Vegan Protein Good For You?
- 10.4 Question: Will Vegan Protein Powder Make You Gassy?
- 10.5 Question: Is It Better to Buy Plant-Based Protein than Whey Protein?
- 10.6 Question: Does Vegan Protein Help You Boost Muscle Mass?
- 10.7 Question: How Much Vegan Protein Will You Need To Increase Muscle Mass?
- 11 Bottom Line
Ghost Vegan Protein Review – What It Is
Ghost Vegan Protein is a popular nutritional supplement that is sold in the form of powder. The company that markets it is called Ghost Lifestyle and the brand is rather new on the market. The manufacturer became an active player in this industry around 5 years ago.
What consumers and potential clients should be aware of is the fact that not all protein sources and types are created equal. Protein shakes, whole food protein, and protein powder are not the same. They each have their own characteristics, nutrients, and may or may not have weight-loss results.
The Ghost protein powder is totally plant-based and it doesn’t contain soy. This product supports a vegan lifestyle. Now, let’s take a look at what this powder contains.
Ghost Vegan Protein – Main Ingredients
The ingredients will tell you the quality of a protein supplement. More specifically, the sources of the protein are very important as well as the other ingredients (if they’re natural or not, if the product contains any artificial flavors, sweeteners, or fillers, etc.).
All the ingredients included in this formula are free of soy and gluten; they are plant-based and organic. This protein powder also provides a balanced quantity of amino acids as well as other minerals and vitamins.
Here are the main ingredients of Ghost Vegan Protein powder:
- Pea protein – this protein source provides all the essential amino acids your body needs. It is high in leucine, valine, isoleucine, and arginine;
- Watermelon seed protein – this protein source is rich in threonine, BCAAs, tryptophan, and histidine;
- Pumpkin protein – this is the second most important protein source included in the formula, after pea protein. It contains amino acids. It is especially high in lysine, arginine, and BCAAs’
- Both natural and artificial flavors;
- Cocoa powder;
- Thickeners and stabilizers.
Obviously, different flavors have different tastes. However, in terms of nutritional values, some users claim that there isn’t a lot of difference between Ghost powder varieties. For instance, the Banana Pancake Batter contains less sodium, while the Chocolate Cereal Milk variety has more potassium.
How Does This Protein Powder Taste?
Ghost protein vegan powders have gained a good reputation regarding the products’ unique flavors. There’s a wide range of available varieties that you can choose from:
- The Whey range comes with the following flavors: Peanut Butter Cereal Milk, Marshmallow Cereal Milk, Fruity Cereal Milk, Blueberry Toaster Pastry, Cinnamon Cereal Milk, and Coffee Ice Cream;
- The company’s vegan range offers the following flavors: Peanut Butter Cereal Milk, Banana Pancake Batter, Chocolate Cereal Milk, and Pancake Batter.
To test these flavors, you should mix them with different things to achieve all kinds of textures. I have tried some of them with almond milk to prepare a protein shake. I have also used the powder to prepare oatmeal and porridge. So, here’s what I honestly think about Ghost Vegan Protein taste.
The shake was pretty nice and the flavor tasted good. It had an enjoyable texture. The taste is quite sweet and it doesn’t have the earthy flavor that many other plant-based powders come with. Overall, I must confess I was pleased with how this protein supplement tasted.
I have also tried it in my morning porridge and it was also very good. I’ve also added a couple of frozen berries for that extra crunchiness and the powder maintained its flavor. However, this sweet taste might not be well received by everyone. If you want a more natural flavor, you might not love the way Ghost Vegan Protein tastes.
Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Nutritional Facts
Let’s see what I found when I read the label of this product. One container of the Ghost vegan protein powder has 28 servings. One serving consists of one rounded scoop that weighs around 35.3 grams.
|Pea protein concentrate||80%|
|Watermelon seed protein||75%|
|Organic pumpkin protein||70%|
|Total fat||1.5 g|
|Total protein||21 g|
Ghost Protein Vegan Mixability
Whether a protein powder mixes easily or not should be one of your most important concerns when you’re thinking of buying this type of supplement. I have tried a bunch of nutritional and fitness supplements and, unfortunately, many of them have a watery texture which isn’t pleasant at all.
The vegan powder created by Ghost Lifestyle contains both sunflower creamer and xanthan gum. These two ingredients are supposed to improve the supplement’s mixability. Therefore, the texture becomes smoother when you prepare a shake. On the other hand, it still has a tad of grainy texture.
If I were to rate the product’s mixability, I would give it an 8-9 out of a total of 10 points because, unlike many other vegan protein powders, this one mixes very well with water.
How and When to Use the Ghost Vegan Protein Powder
You can use and consume the Ghost protein powder in various ways. For instance, you could mix it with water and drink the beverage after your workout sessions. Some consumers like to add this powder to cookies, smoothies, pancakes, and protein shakes because of Ghost Protein’s amazing flavors.
I even tried and succeeded to prepare protein bars from scratch that were full of protein supplements. So, there you have it! I just gave you an idea of how you can use your creativity to make tasty and healthy plant-based protein bars.
When it comes to ways of using this vegan powder, choices are unlimited. There are many potential recipes you could try. That way, you will have plenty of delicious yet healthy and nutritionally balanced snacks.
You can consume this supplement anytime you need, feel, or want. Most people eat their protein supplements right after their workouts or in the morning after they wake up. That happens because it seems that the absorption of the protein is at its highest level during those two times.
Unlike other plant-based powders, Ghost Vegan Protein doesn’t contain too much fat and fibers. So, you won’t have to deal with issues like indigestion.
Ghost Vegan Protein Price
Normally, vegan protein supplements have higher price tags compared to whey protein products. Ghost protein costs around $36. That is approximately $5 higher than the company’s whey protein powder. You may think this product is a tad pricey and you’re totally right. But, I believe that, when you consider its nutritional profile, the price becomes a lot more reasonable.
Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Pros and Cons
Here are the most important pros and cons of the Ghost plant-based protein powder.
- Both pea protein and organic pumpkin protein are great plant-based sources of protein;
- One serving of Ghost Vegan Protein contains around 21 grams of protein which represents almost 40% of your necessary daily intake;
- All the flavors are unique and they taste great even when you’re mixing the powder with plain water;
- The label is transparent and mentions all the details that you need to know;
- This protein powder doesn’t contain any proprietary blends and it provides you with the whole information regarding its formula;
- You will find on the label how much protein is included from each source;
- Each serving contains a very good amount of potassium and iron;
- This protein supplement is low in fat, carbs, and cholesterol;
- It comes with all the necessary amino acids, non-essential and essential ones;
- It uses alternatives to sunflower and it is free of soy, gluten, and dairy;
- The powder is a vegan-friendly nutritional supplement.
- Some consumers have claimed that the powder is sometimes hard to mix; some of them have found chunks when they tried to prepare a shake or a smoothie with this protein powder;
- All flavors contain too much sodium, except the Banana Pancake Batter variety;
- It contains sucralose which is an artificial sweetener that might lead to weight gain;
- It doesn’t replace a healthy diet focused mainly on whole foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals;
- Some users think this product is pretty expensive.
Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Main Alternatives
Here are some of the main alternatives to Ghost Vegan Protein:
This plant-based protein powder made by BN Labs consists of protein that comes from multiple sources such as guar gum, brown rice, hemp, pea, spirulina, and coconut cream. It mixes well when you prepare it with water but not as great when combined with milk. Each serving contains only 3 grams of carbohydrates.
When consuming one serving of the Orgain protein powder, you will receive 21 grams of protein. This supplement is organic and the protein content comes from chia seeds, brown rice, pea, and hemp. It’s a gluten-free product and all the ingredients are non-GMO. Orgain protein powder has a very pleasant taste.
Garden of Life’s plant-based protein powder is very popular Ghost protein vegan alternative among those interested in their nutrition. Each serving is packed with an impressive amount of protein (30 grams). The protein comes from cranberry seeds, pea, sprouted garbanzo beans, sprouted lentil beans, and sprouted navy beans. It has a pleasant vanilla flavor and it’s a certified organic supplement.
Ghost Vegan Protein Review – Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Vegan Protein Help You Boost Muscle Mass?
Answer: Yes, it will! The fact that you cannot gain more muscle mass when you’re following a vegan lifestyle is just a myth. Here’s what you need to build muscle:
- Eat a diet that’s rich in protein;
- Engage in regular workouts;
- Sleep around 7-8 hours per night.
Question: How Much Vegan Protein Will You Need to Increase Muscle Mass?
Answer: To build muscle, you will need to think about your body weight and then consume 1.5-2 times that in protein. Let’s say you weigh 133 pounds which equals 60 kg. In that case, you will have to eat a minimum of 90-100 grams of healthy protein on a regular basis if you want to increase your muscle mass.
Question: Is Vegan Protein Good For You?
Question: Will Vegan Protein Powder Make You Gassy?
Artificial ingredients could lead to bloating which further causes flatulence.
Question: Is It Better to Buy Plant-Based Protein than Whey Protein?
Question: Does Vegan Protein Help You Boost Muscle Mass?
– Eat a diet that’s rich in protein;
– Engage in regular workouts;
– Sleep around 7-8 hours per night.
Question: How Much Vegan Protein Will You Need To Increase Muscle Mass?
These were all the details I wanted to share with you about the Ghost Vegan Protein powder and the type of lifestyle that this company promotes. I have discussed ingredients, flavors, pricing, pros and cons, ways to mix this powder, and I have even mentioned a couple of good alternatives.
I hope you enjoyed today’s review. Now it’s your turn to make a decision based on the facts you read above as well as your needs, budget, and preferences. I personally believe that Ghost Vegan Protein deserves a try.
Alexandra Gavrilescu had a difficult time with her health, specifically her weight. She didn’t know how to ask her parents for help in this department and that resulted in her becoming a little overweight. Children were mean to her in school and she wanted to find a way to become both physically and emotionally healthy. After finding things that worked for her like pilates, long walks, and salsa dancing paired with healthy eating—most of the time. She wanted to share what she’s learned with others. This is why she’s here on Alt Protein giving advice to readers in need of help.