When we think about burning fat and losing weight, we should always consider increasing protein intake while also lowering the amount of carbs, sugar, and fat we include in your daily diet.
After thorough research, I have come up with the following six supplements which I consider some of the best fat burning protein powder options on the market. You be the judge!
- 1 1. Gold Standard Whey by Optimum Nutrition
- 2 2. Plant-Based Protein Powder by Orgain
- 3 3. Egg White Protein by Naked Nutrition
- 4 4. Raw Organic Protein Powder by Garden of Life
- 5 5. Vega Plant-Based Protein & Greens
- 6 6. Huel Protein Powder
- 7 The Best Fat Burning Protein Powder Choices – the Final Verdict
1. Gold Standard Whey by Optimum Nutrition
Gold Standard Whey is the best weight loss and fat-burning protein powder for a lot of people, both professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts. Most individuals consume one serving of this powder right after their workouts.
Besides fat burn, Gold Standard is said to support lean muscle mass recovery and growth. Optimum Nutrition’s fat-burning powder is both popular and less expensive than many other similar supplements.
- Protein blend – whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey peptides
- Both natural and artificial flavorings
- Acesulfame potassium
- Minerals and vitamins – vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium.
Nutritional Values – per one serving (one scoop of about 30 grams)
The amount is not specified, but it appears to lack a significant amount of dietary fiber.
- It is one of the best protein powders on the market with plenty of fans, and it contains high-quality ingredients
- You can choose from a wide range of available flavors (16): French vanilla, chocolate mint, cookies and cream, mocha cappuccino, white chocolate, and more
- It is an affordable supplement
- Contains a good-quality whey protein blend
- It mixes well with any kind of liquid
- Comes with digestive enzymes which promote a healthy digestive system
- Contains artificial flavors and sweeteners
- It has soy which is not good for people with food allergies
- The ingredients’ label is not as descriptive as it should be
Price & Where to Buy Gold Standard Whey
Unlike other fat burning supplements, the Orgain protein powder comes with a simple yet effective formula. According to reviewers, this is a superior alternative with a great taste. It is free from artificial ingredients, which is definitely a huge plus. Orgain is an organic product with a decent taste. Still, I have to confess that I only took the Vanilla flavor for a spin.
- Organic protein blend – brown rice protein, pea protein, chia seeds
- Stevia extract
- Creamer base – high-oleic sunflower oil, acacia gum, inulin, rice bran extract, rosemary extract, etc.
- Natural flavors
- Sea salt
- Guar gum
- Xanthan gum
Nutritional Values – per one serving (two scoops of about 46 grams)
- This is a 100% organic fat-burning protein powder
- It contains high-quality ingredients, and it doesn’t have any artificial compounds
- It tastes good. Ok, I’ll admit! I liked the taste, but perhaps it was because of all the sweeteners this supplement contains: monk fruit, stevia, and erythritol
- Mixes pretty well in any type of liquid such as water, almond milk, or juice
- It is not as low-carb as most of the other fat-burning protein powders on this list
- Might cause some issues for people who have a sensitive stomach
- It can be a bit on the pricey side
Depending on the size of the container, you can purchase Orgain Organic Protein Powder for a price that varies between $22 and $50. The lowest price is for a tub of 2.03 pounds while the highest price comes for a container that measures 2.74 pounds. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
You can also check the Orgain site directly here for the latest promos
3. Egg White Protein by Naked Nutrition
I simply love this product because it is formulated with clean and non-GMO ingredients. In fact, there are only two ingredients in this supplement, and Naked Nutrition’s protein powder is free from added colorings or flavorings.
According to the company, this is a premium product, and all the eggs come from farms based in the United States. I’m sure you’ll be glad to know that Naked Egg comes with a complete amino acid profile.
- Egg whites
- Sunflower lecithin
- It contains a wide range of essential amino acids: leucine, lysine, valine, proline, isoleucine, serine, alanine, arginine, etc.
Nutritional Values – per one serving (two scoops of about 31 grams)
- It is an excellent non-GMO product for those of you who want to lose weight, being a calorie-restricted supplement with a low amount of carbs
- It doesn’t contain added sugar, and it is fat-free
- The product is a reliable one based on an independent test that was conducted in order to find out how much heavy metals and allergens Naked Egg contains
- Being almost tasteless makes this product the perfect addition to any smoothie or recipe of your choice
- It is a very good whey-protein substitute
- Some consumers seem to think that Naked Egg contains way too much salt
- It is pretty expensive
- A few reviewers complained about the way this supplement taste, saying it quite unpleasant
- Other people were not pleased with how empty the container was. According to them, it seems that the tub was barely half full
Price & Where to Buy Naked
4. Raw Organic Protein Powder by Garden of Life
Garden of Life’s protein powder is a good-quality supplement. Moreover, it is a low-maintenance product and a highly-convenient one. All you have to do to prepare a nutritious yet low-calorie beverage is mix a couple of scoops with water or milk, shake it up for several seconds, and then enjoy the drink. This fat-burning protein powder is organic and not expensive at all. However, there are a few red flags that concern me such as added flavors.
- Organic protein blend – brown rice protein, amaranth sprout, pea protein, buckwheat sprout, quinoa sprout, cracked wall chlorella, chia seeds, lentil sprout, flaxseed, sesame seed sprout, etc.
- Organic flavor blend – vanilla flavor, sea salt, stevia leaf extract, carob bean gum, guar gum, etc.
- Probiotic and digestive enzyme blend – protease, cellulase, lipase, lactase, Lactobacillus Plantarum, etc.
- Amino acid profile – alanine, glycine, leucine, proline, valine, etc.
- Mineral and vitamin blend – iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamins A, C, D, E, and K
Nutritional Values – per one serving (one scoop of 31 grams)
- Raw Organic Protein Powder has a nice smooth, tasty, and creamy consistency
- It helps you burn fat, lose weight, grow and repair muscle mass
- It is a tested and trusted brand in the health supplement industry
- The product doesn’t contain allergens like soy, dairy, and gluten
- Some added flavors can cause an upset stomach;
- The product might lead to some mild side effects like bloating or gas;
- It seems that the company’s attempt to rebrand and reformulate the product was not well-received by the Garden of Life consumers.
Price & Where to Buy Garden of Life
- On Amazon, Garden of Life Protein powder is $27.26 (a package of ten counts)
- On the Garden of Life official website,
5. Vega Plant-Based Protein & Greens
This is a highly-nutritious protein powder with very good fat-burning properties.
Furthermore, it is a clean product because it is formulated with non-GMO ingredients and some of them are even organic. You can easily replace your morning protein shake with this dietary supplement. It can be easily combined with water, rice or almond milk, or any other liquid of your choice.
- Pea protein
- Pea Starch
- Spinach powder
- Stevia leaf extract
- Xanthan gum
- Natural flavors
- Brown rice protein
- Papain powder
- Organic kale powder
- Sacha inchi powder
- Broccoli powder
- Alfalfa grass powder
- Minerals and vitamins – calcium, vitamin K, vitamin A
Nutritional Values – per one serving (one scoop of 33 grams)
- It is a plant-based fat-burning fat loss protein powder
- This vegan supplement is free from artificial preservatives and colors, and it is also gluten-free
- It is available in a wide range of flavors: chocolate, vanilla, salted caramel, coconut almond, tropical, etc.
- Vega is a reputable and trusted brand
- It is pretty expensive
- Its consistency can be a tad grainy and thick because it is a plant-based powder
- Many consumers don’t like the product’s taste because it is not sweet enough
On Amazon: Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
6. Huel Protein Powder
A British meal-replacement manufacturer markets huel protein powder. This product’s formula was the creation of James Collier, a nutritionist. The company’s main goal was to come up with a nutritious supplement that provides all the necessary nutrients an organism needs to consume in a day.
The thing I like most about Huel is its Omega-3 fatty acids richness even though we’re talking about vegan protein powder. So, as you can see, unlike other products on my list, Huel is a meal replacement, not just a dietary supplement, with no less than 500 calories per serving.
- Protein blend – brown rice protein, pea protein, and flaxseeds
- Coconut-sourced MCT powder
- Oats or gluten-free oats for the varieties that don’t contain this compound
- Natural flavors
- Thickeners – guar gum and xanthan gum
- Sunflower oil powder
- Micronutrient blend – coconut flour, vitamin K2, vitamin D2, lutein, vitamin C, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, biotin, etc.
Nutritional Values – per one serving (one cup of about 127 grams)
- It is marketed in a large number of flavors so you will never get bored with its taste: berry, vanilla, coffee, gluten-free versions of all the varieties mentioned above, and an unflavored alternative
- Huel might be your solution for a nutritious and fat-burning meal replacement
- Most consumers simply love the product’s macros. It contains a high amount of protein while also being low in sugar
- It is formulated with Omega-3 fatty acids which offer you plenty of health benefits
- This meal replacement is supposed to help you burn fat and lose weight
- Most complaints are related to the product’s artificial sweeteners and flavorings content
- The gums included in the supplement can sometimes lead to certain issues such as digestive ones
- There’s a two-bag minimum order
Price & Where to Buy Huel
The complete Huel Packagecosts $75 for the regular variety and $83 for the gluten-free version. It includes the following items: two pouches of Huel vegan powder, a booklet, a shaker, and a scoop. Check out the latest prices on Amazon.
The Best Fat Burning Protein Powder Choices – the Final Verdict
The protein powders that I’ve included in today’s post have multiple purposes. They can help you burn fat but also weight loss, build lean muscle mass, and speed up your muscle damage recovery.
Each one of them has its own unique traits, so it is very hard to pick one brand (I truly know and empathize with you on that one, trust me). No matter which fat-burning protein powder you purchase, you should always pair it with a balanced diet, regular workouts, and an overall healthy lifestyle.
Ok, you got me! I will tell you what my honest opinion is. I have two favorite powders from the list above.
The first one is Naked Nutrition’s egg-white protein powder which is a must if you’re looking for a clean and safe supplement. The second product I simply love is Huel meal replacement which will do the trick if you want to replace an entire meal with it (it is very nutritious).
Other suitable alternatives you might want to take a look at:
- Fuel Micellar Casein by Ascent Native – this is an excellent alternative to all the products listed above due to its amazing protein content. You will get 25 grams of protein per serving. Also, the manufacturer included only natural ingredients in the formula. It’s a very good option if you’re looking for a supplement that contains essential amino acids;
- Cacao and Greens Essential Blend by Navitas Organics– this blend contains sunflower seeds, pea, hemp protein, pumpkin seeds, and flax. Not only will this product help you burn fat and weight loss but it will also increase your fiber and probiotic intake;
- Profi Booster Vegan Protein Powder – this vegan protein powder is free from gluten and soy so it is safe to consume and it provides 20 grams of protein per serving. I must admit this one is another favorite of mine due to its complete profile of amino acids.
- Vega One vs Garden of Life Compared
- Orgain vs Vega One Compared
- Garden of Life vs Sunwarrior Protein Compared
- Huel vs Soylent Compared
- Sun Warrior vs Garden of Life Protein Comparison
- Aria Protein Powder Review: Is It The Best Choice for You?
- The Top 3 Best Fat Burning Stack Options to Consider
- What’s the Difference Between Meal Replacements vs Protein Shakes?
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.