Bodylogix Natural Whey is a relatively new all-natural protein supplement to the marketplace. It is geared towards protein users looking for a more holistic natural whey supplement.
While it is not a plant based supplement (plant based protein powder), it is a happy medium between quality protein content and healthy ingredients.
Bodylogix is one of the few supplements that successfully marries taste with quality protein content and natural ingredients. In short it tastes like a dessert without the side effects or masking agents common in many protein supplements. The taste is especially surprising since it contains no artificial sweeteners.
In this Bodylogix Natural Whey review, we will be looking at the top features, Pros/Cons, and overall assessments based on our hands-on usage tests. See below for the full results of our observations.
Pros: Features We Liked About Bodylogix
- Green-Friendly: One of the key selling points for Bodylogix is that it produced from grass fed cows, without hormones or antibiotics. While this might not be important to some, it can mean all the difference to others. It’s nice to finally see an environmentally/socially conscious whey protein supplement on the market. The plastic tub it comes in is even biodegradable, minimizing your carbon footprint.
- No Artificial Ingredients: There are no artificial sweeteners, colorings, or other ingredients. These days, it’s hard to find a protein blend – let alone a whey protein blend – that can say this.
- Protein Filled: For having all-natural ingredients, 24 grams of protein is not bad. This is more than enough for most individuals, whether you are working out heavily or just dieting (or both).
- Great Taste: This protein does have slightly sweet taste which I really liked. It works well as almost a desert smoothie and is sweetened with truvia and other natural sweeteners. The taste alone is good enough that most kids would probably enjoy it. Adding it to cereals or baking recipes is a great idea. Better yet, it strikes the right balance between tasting great, without overcompensating with sugar and sweeteners.
- Easy to Mix: This tends to be something I pay more attention to because I like to have my shakes on the go. Ideally, stir mixing is easier but a protein powder should definitely mix well in a blender (at the minimum). Thankfully, Bodylogix is among the best powders I’ve used in terms of mixability. You won’t find any granular chunks after shaking in a shaker bottle for 30-60 seconds.
- Low Calorie: At only 120 calories per serving, Bodylogix is the ideal balance of protein content to carb ratio. There is nothing worse than having a high carb/calorie protein supplement, especially when you are trying to lose weight.
- Low Sodium: Bodylogix does a great job of minimizing sodium intake, at just 60mg per serving. Often, supplements use sodium as a cheap flavoring alternative like sugar. High sodium diets can be counter-productive to your health and fitness plan, so it is nice to have a quality protein option that does not rely on salt to mask the taste.
- No GMOs: Some people care about this more than others. I’m increasingly supportive of non-GMO products for a variety of reasons. I’d encourage anyone who is interested to further research the effect of GMOs on our food supply.
- Grass Fed: Grass fed proteins are increasingly gaining traction. It makes sense. If the cows are not eating healthy (and naturally), can we honestly expect the whey to be good for humans? Bodylogix is 100% sourced from grass-fed cows that are not give growth hormones or antibiotics.
- Cold Processed: This is another edge that some supplements are starting to adopt. Cold processed protein is generally highly quality than generic processed. It’s a marginal difference, but still an “edge” worth considering. Protein quality means that protein quantity isn’t the only metric to look for.
- Good Amino Acid Profile: It’s not listed on the label, by after contacting the manufacturer, I received a list of 14 different amino acids. That’s pretty good.
- Good Cost Per Serving: If you are looking to save money on protein, Bodylogix is less than $1 per serving. This is among the most affordable protein supplements I’ve found via calculating cost per serving. You are also paying just over $1 per gram of protein, which is pretty exceptional.
Cons – Things We Didn’t
- Too Sweet? We liked the sweetness, but some people might find it to be a bit too sweet. It really depends on what your preference/experience has been with other supplements in the past. If you don’t like your protein to taste like anything, this might not be for you.
- Relatively New: Bodylogix does not have the same extensive track record that some other supplement makers have in this market. We think they have done a tremendous job putting forward a high-quality all-natural whey supplement, but it is understandable if some potential buyers are cautious of the new kid on the block.
- No Added Vitamins/Minerals: This is a pure protein supplement. If you are looking for a straight meal replacement, you will need to supplement with additional vitamins and minerals. This isn’t really a “con”, but it is something to be aware of if you are expecting a full meal replacement.
Final Word: Bodylogix Protein Powder Review
We really liked the natural whey protein profile offered by Bodylogix. It’s not yet a household name in the whey protein space, but offers a compelling ingredient profile.
If you prefer bland (no flavor) grass fed wheyy, this might not be the right natural whey protein powder for. Otherwise, Bodylogix is a great, affordable complete protein supplement, with a clean ingredient profile and good protein for price value.
Where to Buy Bodylogix Natural Whey
It will be difficult to find Bodylogix at retail outlets right now because it is newer and a less established brand.
Stores that do carry it will likely be retailing it for around $30 per container (I’ve found it here for less). We have found the most reliable pricing and supply is currently on Amazon where savings are around 20%. See below for the latest live pricing data and information.
Recommended Reads on Whey Protein Isolate & Lean Muscle Building:
- How to Find the Best Protein Powder: The Full Alt Protein Guide
- Naked Casein Dietary Supplement Review
- How to Find the Best Grass Fed Whey Protein
- Best Non Dairy Vegan Protein Supplements
Alt Protein Team is a team of professionals and enthusiasts committed to bringing you the most up-to-date information on alternative protein, health and wellness, workouts, and all things health-related. We’ve reviewed a lot of products and services so you don’t have to guess when you spend your hard-earned money on them. Whether you want to shed some pounds, build lean muscle or bulk, we can help you figure out what you need to do and what you need to have to achieve your goals.