Mornings are the toughest part of the day, without a doubt. I’m totally not a morning person, and I rely on my morning coffee to get me fueled for everything that is to come!
I used to be obsessed with Starbucks’ banana chocolate protein smoothies… Until the day that they discontinued it. Some locations still make it, but most don’t carry fresh bananas. Total bummer!
So when I found this recipe that combines espresso AND protein, I affectionately dubbed it the “Nectar of Life”. Seriously, this is LIFE juice.
The ingredients are simple, healthy, and all bring a boost of energy to my morning!
You’re going to LOVE this one.
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ banana, frozen
- ⅔ cup ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon Flavorganics Vanilla Extract, 4 Ounce
- Dash of cinnamon and dash of nutmeg
- ¼ cup Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean - Vegan, Low Net Carbs, Non Dairy, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Sugar Added, Soy Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, 2.03 Pound (Packaging May Vary) or chocolate protein powder
- 2 ounces espresso or strong coffee
- honey or agave- Blend in the blender until smooth, not runny.- Top with sprinkles, or even coconut whipped cream!
- Busy People Don’t Have Time for Pancakes and Bacon: The Protein Smoothie that Changes Everything
- How to Find the Best Protein Powder: The Full Alt Protein Guide
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.