Whether it is a post-workout or a pre-workout, or just small bites in the afternoon, an amazing way to guarantee a snack will keep you fully satisfied is by making sure its full of protein. According to studies, consuming protein increases your body’s production for hunger-fighting hormones. This explains the reason high-protein snacks are effective at starving off hunger.
It does not mean that you must rely on store-bought protein bards, dry-roasted nuts, or boring hard-boiled eggs. Here is a sumptuous snack recipe with protein powder that you will definitely fall in love with:
Protein Muffins with Coconut, Dates, Prunes, and Quinoa Recipe
- 1/3 cup of sunsweet diced plum amazins
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dates, that are roughly chopped
- ¼ cup + two tablespoon whey protein powder (check out my Naked Whey review here) and some extra for sprinkling over dates
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes and some extra for topping
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of uncooked quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 450 … use liners to line a muffin tin
- Combine coconut milk and uncooked quinoa inside a medium pot. Bring them to boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and then cover the pot. After this, cook until the milk is fully absorbed, roughly 20-25 minutes. Let cool
- In a big microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil as well as honey inside the microwave until it is liquid and smooth
- Add in eggs and beat well. After that, add in sweet coconut flakes and vanilla extract. Mix until excellently combined. Then, add in cooled quinoa and stir until excellently mixed
- Place chopped dates inside a small bowl and sprinkle with a small pinch of protein powder and then mix around. Doing so will coat the dates thus preventing them from sticking together.
- Add remaining protein powder, sunsweet plum Amazins, and dates into quinoa mixture. Mix well after sprinkling with small pinch of salt.
- Divide the mixture between muffins tins… fill to almost full. Bake until the top turns golden brown. It should also be puffed up. Insert a toothpick at the center and make sure it comes out dry and clean
- Devour — enjoy your feast!
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Total time – 30 minutes
Alt Protein Team is a team of professionals and enthusiasts committed to bringing you the most up-to-date information on alternative protein, health and wellness, workouts, and all things health-related. We’ve reviewed a lot of products and services so you don’t have to guess when you spend your hard-earned money on them. Whether you want to shed some pounds, build lean muscle or bulk, we can help you figure out what you need to do and what you need to have to achieve your goals.