Smoothies are an excellent way of getting a nutrient-packed snack or meal. They can offer everything you need — fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and protein — all in a one-cup/glass. Even better, shakes or smoothies are the fastest food of all. You do not need any preparation work, any cooking, or cleanup. All you need to do is put your ‘things’ in a blender and go!
You can take a smoothie in the morning as one of your daily meals. Alternatively, you can have some to replace dinner or lunch. Smoothies are also great at helping you recover after a workout, satisfy a sweet craving, or hold you over between meals.
For a versatile and ultra-nutritious protein smoothie, use the following recipe:
The Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
This vanilla smoothie delivers an impressive jolt of protein thanks to egg whites and Greek yogurt. The best part is that you will even taste the egg white (you will not know it contains egg whites). Additionally, the probiotics from the Greek yogurt usually contribute to a healthy belly throughout the day.
- Two cups of unsweetened vanilla almond beverage — Silk is an excellent example
- An eighth teaspoon kosher salt
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One vanilla bean, split as well as pulp that is scraped out using a knife
- Six packets of monk fruit extract (Monk Fruit in Raw is a great example)
- One six-ounce container fat-free Greek yogurt (Fage 0% is a perfect example)
- One fresh egg white
- One cup crushed or tiny ice cubes
- One scoop of vanilla or unflavored protein – we love Plant Fusion – so easy to use and tastes delicious any way it is prepared!
Add some almond beverage, yogurt, monk fruit, vanilla pulp, salt and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth — roughly 30 seconds – 1 minute. Add the ice cubes and egg white until smooth.
This Vanilla smoothie contains 98.5 calories and 12g protein.
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.