To have a healthy body, it’s vital to consume A LOT of raw, natural foods. Fruits play an important role in your overall health, but really veggies are the superstars of the food world! They contain a wide range of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids, and even proteins. Basically, if you want to be fit and healthy, you MUST eat more greens.
Of course, for many people, that’s easier said than done! Veggies can be hard to eat, especially in large quantities. But what if there was a way to skip that third helping of broccoli or green juice? What if there was an easier, tastier way to get more veggies in your diet? That’s where Amazing Grass Green Superfood comes in very handy…
About Amazing Grass Green Superfood
Amazing Grass Green Superfood: Super Greens Powder with Spirulina, Chlorella, Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics, Original, 60 Servings is, to put it simply, a veggie powder. Just like protein powder, it contains concentrated doses of the nutrients you’d find in veggies, such as:
- Organic Spinach
- Organic Spirulina
- Organic Carrot
- Organic Beet
- Organic Broccoli
- and many more…
In addition to the high veggie content of Amazing Grass Green Superfood, you also get a lot of other helpful nutrients, such as:
- Organic Pure Acai (rich in antioxidants)
- L. acidophilus (a beneficial bacteria great for digestion)
- Lactase (pre-digested milk sugar for energy)
- Green tea (packed with fat-burning and toxin-killing antioxidants)
The combination of herbs, antioxidant superfoods, and concentrated vegetables makes this an amazing supplement to add to your diet. With a spoonful of the superfood mix, you get the same nutritional value as 7 servings of veggies and fruits. Best of all, the prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes in the powder make it easier to digest and absorb!
Key Features – Selling Points
- Contains primarily organic ingredients
- 100% Vegan-friendly
- Free of fillers and additives
- Contains unique ingredients like Maca root, Acai, Spirulina, and F.O.S.
- Provides a healthy balance of Omega fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Great for digestive health
Each scoop of the superfood powder contains a healthy dose of Vitamins A, C, K, B6, B12, and minerals like iron, calcium, selenium, and potassium.
With just one serving of Amazing Grass Green Superfood, you get the equivalent of 7 servings of fruits and veggies. For those who have a hard time eating veggies (raw or cooked), this superfood powder is a wonderful option.
Amazing Grass Green Superfood contains beneficial enzymes that will aid in the digestion and absorption process, ensuring that the nutrients are delivered to the body as efficiently as possible. It’s also rich in carotenoids and antioxidants.
The prebiotics in the powder will stimulate the growth of health beneficial bacteria in your intestines, promoting digestive and immune health. It also contains probiotics that will reinforce your gut bacteria.
The powder is made with no soy lecithin fillers, no synthetic minerals or vitamins, and no fractionated or isolated nutrients. It’s manufactured to be as natural and healthy as possible.
It contains a wide range of antioxidants from foods like Rose Hips, Raspberry, Organic Carrots, Organic Beets, Acai, Maca root, Pineapple, and Acerola Cherry.
Pros of Amazing Grass Green Superfood
Here are a few of the positive things users have had to say about Amazing Grass Green Superfood:
- Easy mixing — Unlike with other powders, you don’t need a blender to prepare your green drinks or shakes. You simply drop the spoonful of green powder into your cup of juice or water, and it will mix easily. You don’t even need a Shaker Bottle to make the juice–just add and stir!
- Great source of nutrients — Many people who commented on this product mentioned that they have a hard time eating fruits and veggies in sufficient quantities, which is why they preferred to take this supplement. Thanks to the high vitamin, mineral, fatty acid, and antioxidant content of this product, it was easy for them to get all the nutrients they needed despite their low fruit/veggie intake.
- Energy boosting — Multiple reviewers have commented on how the supplement gave them a good boost of energy. Thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in the Amazing Grass Green Superfood, you can have more energy as well. The powder will provide your internal functions with the nutrients needed for optimal function.
- Mild flavor — While many “greens” powders like Amazing Grass Green Superfood have strong “grassy” flavors, a number of users remarked on how mild the flavor of this supplement is. There is still the “green” taste common among this type of product, but it’s not as strong as other supplements. It’s usually fairly easily masked with stronger-flavored fruits or veggies.
Cons of Amazing Grass Green Superfood
As with any product, there are a few negative things people had to say about Amazing Grass Green Superfood:
- Unpleasant taste — A number of reviewers commented on the bad flavor of the product, some going as far as to label it “horrid” or “awful”. However, it’s understood that most “green powders” like Amazing Grass Green Superfood are going to have a less-than pleasant flavor. This one is no worse than the others, and the “green” flavor can be masked by adding strong-tasting foods (like strawberry, lemon, orange, etc.).
- Limited benefits — While the product packaging lists a number of benefits (healthier skin, detoxing, etc.), many reviewers noted that they didn’t feel all of the mentioned benefits. Most reported a boost in energy, but few other benefits.
- Price — Compared to many of the other green superfood powders on the market, Amazing Grass Green Superfood is one of the priciest. The berry flavor is also a good deal more expensive than the standard “green” flavor. It’s not the best option for those with a limited budget. To get the best price, Amazing Grass Green Superfood: Super Greens Powder with Spirulina, Chlorella, Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics, Original, 60 Servings.
Other Options to Consider
I don’t like looking at supplements in a vacuum, because there are often other similar ones on the market. Here are a few alternatives to Amazing Grass Green Superfood:
Berry Green Superfood — This supplement contains many of the same nutrients as the Amazing Grass Green Superfood, but at just over half the price. Many reviewers commented on its good/decent flavor, and how well it mixes with water/juice without turning gritty or grainy. Similar benefits at a lower price? Not a bad option! Berry Green Superfood with Goji, Acai & Raspberry, Raw Organic Nutrition- Vegan & Gluten Free - 240 Grams.
Organic Greens Superfood Supplement RDA-12 — This dietary supplement is also 100% natural, and it’s a blend that contains 12 whole fruits (peel, stalk, and all!). It’s designed to provide the 12 essential vitamins in a single supplement, and delivers the nutrients in an easy-to-digest formula.
At $15 for a 30-day supply, it comes out to roughly the same price as Amazing Grass Green Superfood, but it’s in capsule form rather than powder. Organic Greens Superfood Supplement RDA-12 - Essential Vitamins and Antioxidants from 12 Whole Fruits & Vegetables, 100% All Natural Chemical Free - Potent Multivitamin to Maintain your Health 30 Day Supply 60 capsules.
Pinnacle of Wellness Ultimate Organic Green Superfood — This is a slightly pricier version of the Berry Green Superfood, with a nearly identical nutritional profile. The only difference is that this product is 100% gluten free and vegan-friendly.
It’s also organic, which, of course, means it has a higher price tag. You’ll spend $28 for a 30-day supply, making it pricier even than Amazing Green Grass Superfood! Pinnacle of Wellness Ultimate Organic Green Superfood Powder - Berry Flavor - 30 Servings 9.5oz (266.1g).
Final Thoughts – Is Amazon Grass Worth the Cost?
If you’re looking for a concentrated dose of nutrients, look no further than Amazing Grass Green Superfood: Super Greens Powder with Spirulina, Chlorella, Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics, Original, 60 Servings. It contains a hefty dose of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and antioxidants from natural, organic sources, and it’s an amazing way to get more veggies and fruits in your diet. It may be a bit pricey, but it’s worth it for more energy and better overall nutrition.
Even though it is a bit pricey for some, it’s still more affordable than other options (see my review of the premium Athletic Greens here as an example).
It’s one of my go-to superfood supplements, ideal for mixing with shakes or turning any ordinary protein supplement into a genuine meal replacement.
Health enthusiast, runner, protein nut. Owen likes to write about protein, particularly alternatve supplementation and supplement comparisons.